The primary responsibility of the Resource Manager is to manage resourcing for all potential and assigned projects. The Resource Manager works directly with the Leadership team to facilitate appropriate staffing across the organization based on aggregate understanding of project requirements. The Resource Manager must also ensure that project resourcing is managed in order to assure timely delivery and must communicate to appropriate Project Managers resourcing issues that may impact scheduled deadlines.
- Four year college degree from accredited university.
- 3-5 years resource management or project management experience in the software solution, or professional services industry.
- 2+ years of operations or consulting experience, preferably in a software development environment.
- One (1) year of experience working within an Agile landscape.
- Strong experience with GSuite, Jira, Slack, and other resource allocation tools.
- Experience in ClickTime, a plus.
- Experience with building financial models, headcount planning, and 3rd party vendors and/or contractors preferred
- Act as point of contact for resource booking.
- Assist with managing and increasing team utilization numbers.
- Manage and resolve resource booking conflicts.
- Build, maintain, and communicate resource forecasts.
- Manage overall training/cross-training, hiring recommendations based on forecasted resource needs.
- Ensure the right resources, with the right skill sets, are assigned and available at the right times.
- Work with the Leadership Team and Project Managers to identify appropriate resource requirements for each account and project.
- Maintain constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects and business development activities as they relate to resourcing.
- Responsible for managing overall utilization.
- Monitor day to day project activities and resourcing, identifying potential instances of underutilization.
- Actively work with the Project Teams to address and solve those issues.
- Generate, analyze and report on weekly utilization reports to the Leadership Team.
- Work to resolve any issues regarding under or over allocations of current staff members.
- Initiate sales to delivery process; create projects and assignments based on resource plans and customer contracts.
- Create a headcount planning model and execute against it.
- Identify potential resourcing or process issues and present to the Leadership team with resolutions to such issues where applicable.
- Develop and maintain a skill matrix and capacity data for reporting to the leadership team.
- Identify needs for capacity and skill set and work with leadership to identify needed resources, whether full-time, contractor, or vendor related.
- Execute against onboarding requirements for new team members.
- Own relationship with I-ology subcontractors and vendors, including sourcing, recruiting, overseeing vetting process, draft and process required documentation.
- Manage contractor and vendor onboarding activities.
- Oversee vendor time tracking, and approval of vendor & subcontractor invoices.
- Recommend process improvements for resource management.
- Partner with the leadership team to identify areas to better equip resources with content, process or tools to increase project delivery efficiencies.
- Assist in administrative tasks and activities that contribute, and further support delivery team efficacy.
- Proven track record of collaborating with business leaders to understand the functional needs of sales, external clients, and the rolling out of solutions and processes to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and concepts.
- Clear and concise communication in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to be diplomatic or firm when necessary in order to drive business forward or obtain results.
- Highly detail oriented and able to work autonomously.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines with confidence and ease.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload across multiple groups.
- Ability to operate independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Strategic/tactical thinking and problem solving skills.