The Director of User Experience & Visual Design possesses an intuitive feeling for the way a product should work and an understanding of how users want to view and interact with the end product. They are a champion for the user, deeply committed to ensuring that the work that we produce is usable, intuitive and intelligent. This consummate professional will participate in a leadership capacity by providing clients user experience leadership on major initiatives, leading user experience resources, developing user experience assets, and collaborating with other leaders to achieve the organization’s goals. We are looking for a seasoned professional who is exceptionally creative, collaborative, client-facing, and resourceful. A leader possessing strong presentation skills and an unyielding passion for designing world-class web-based & mobile products for clients.
- Strategically lead and participate in the discovery process to understand client needs, satisfaction drivers, performance requirements and business cases from a UX expert perspective.
- Translate clients’ business goals into achievable digital user experience strategies, roadmaps and proposals that provide clear, usable, useful and desirable outcomes.
- Clear and confident communicator with an affinity for visual storytelling, knows how to communicate with team, peers, and business leads.
- Ability to learn quickly and provide UX leadership in a dynamic and matrixed environment.
- Assist with securing new client accounts and expanding existing client portfolios by generating and presenting compelling user experiences concepts, and visuals.
- Partner with enterprise architect, product owner, business analyst, software engineers, and project management team leads to ensure practices are aligned with the product needs and vision.
- Cultivate strong relationships with business stakeholders and client services teams to assist in managing customer expectations.
- Accountable for continuous improvements to user experiences, removing ‘user friction’ in a meaningful way.
- Lead and establish best practices in design thinking / process.
- Further develop and enhance I-ology’s knowledge base of user experience processes, methodologies, and client deliverables.
- Act as the product expert for all user experience product outputs.
- Create, and coach the development of UX assets such as create user/process flow diagrams, sketches, wireframes, click-through demos, and prototypes that are thorough, thought-through, intuitive, easy to use, timely, and gorgeous.
- Ensure user experience testing methodologies are utilized to improve user experience.
- Proactively participate in the dissemination of user experience concepts & deliverables to software engineers, ensuring quality outputs at all levels.
- Demonstrate skill combing through analytics and behavioral insights to generate new experiments and opportunities to improve our products and differentiate the user experience.
- Actively participate in scrum ceremonies to guide the team and make decisions.
Assist in ongoing strategic planning to ensure organizational alignment.
Provide leadership insight & perspective in order to ensure I-ology’s ability to effectively execute against organizational goals.
Identify areas of improvement for the business, make relevant recommendations, and upon approval, oversee the execution of those solutions.
Recruit, train, and oversee user experience resources.
Continuously monitor user-experience industry, and business trends to identify opportunities/threats and benchmarks competitive products to identify sources of competitive advantage.
Collaborate as a member of the leadership team to achieve the organization’s Key Success Metric (KSM) goals.
- 10+ years of demonstrated user experience & visual design experience. Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree, a plus.
- 5-7+ years of professional experience in strategic planning, and people management.
- Strong leadership skills in leading both major projects and people.
- Proven experience in a multi-client environment, a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Works well with ambiguity under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional skills in ideation, sketching, wireframing, user flows, mapping and information architecture.
- Fluency with design tools such as OmniGraffle, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Invision and/or other UX & prototyping software.
- Strong portfolio showing breadth of UX Design work.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels within an organization.
- Skills in GSuite application, or similar.
- Strong analytical skills with detail orientation.