Boutique digital transformation consulting and delivery firm looking for a highly motivated, experienced Business Development Executive. This individual will drive sales expansion for both digital consulting services, and software application development projects. They will generate revenue first and foremost by developing strong, meaningful relationships in the community and then developing market potential through forecasting, lead generation, qualification and closing sales. This consultative sales executive will value quality over quantity, and is prepared for career growth, and leadership opportunity within an entrepreneurial environment.
Who You Are
Are you a self-driven sales executive with a proven sales track record that is a highly motivated to take your career to the next level? Do you find satisfaction in building strong community relationships that result in bringing new clients to the table? Are you interested in joining a well established, boutique technology firm poised for growth in the technology sector? If that fire is in your belly, you just might be the person to lead growth for our firm.
The Business Development Executive, Digital Transformation Services will be responsible for driving new sales for I-ology in its software development and consulting services division. This individual produces net new business annually. The Business Development Executive generates revenue, first and foremost by developing strong, meaningful relationships in the community and then developing market potential through forecasting, lead generation, qualification and closing sales. This position is for a seasoned, consultative sales type with experience selling project based and recurring contracts in the software development and digital space.
- Identifies market potential by qualifying accounts.
- Initiates sales process by scheduling qualified prospect appointments, making initial presentations and understanding prospect account goals and objectives.
- Studies and understands each prospective client’s business and the role their digital presence plays in achieving their business objectives
- Prepares contracts, proposals and other related documents for prospective clients.
- Gives effective sales presentations to qualified prospects and partners.
- Closes sales by building rapport with potential accounts: explaining product and service capabilities, overcoming objections and preparing contracts and proposals.
- Contributes information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from accounts.
- Recommends new products and services by evaluating current product results; identifying needs to be filled.
- Maintains a professional awareness of all existing I-ology service lines and suggests other services based on client demand.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Keeps up-to-date knowledge of the industry as well as the competitive posture of the company.
- Participates in networking and relative community/association activities to increase market exposure of the I-ology brand.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, computer science, and/or a related field.
- 5-7 years of documented success as an Account Executive or sales professional in consulting services pertaining to software development or digital services. A track record of success selling digital consulting, software products or web products is necessary.
- Sales success in a multi-client environment.
- The successful candidate must have sales experience in a services or consulting model environment selling an intangible product set. A strong track record of business development in consulting services and, specifically, software development services are critical for this position.
Required Knowledge & Abilities
- Possess strong knowledge of digital and web-based services including with software development.
- The ability to speak and converse with executives about SDLC and goals pertaining to data and digital transformation services.
- The ability to identify, discuss and relate a potential client’s business goals to software development and application development services that can help them achieve success.
- Strong competency with G-suite and other web-based collaborative software.
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written).
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Analytical problem solver.
- Ethical and honest.
- Superior presentation skills.
- Effective collaborator and team player.
- Closing skills. Highly self-motivated. Results oriented.